Fall is here, and along with the cooler weather, I have been receiving a lot of requests for more soup recipes. This delicious keto cabbage roll soup is a great and easy item for meal prep. It reheats well throughout the week. You can also freeze in batches to save for those nights when you really don’t want to cook.
This Cabbage Roll Soup is hearty, flavorful, and dairy-free. I’m including different cooking options for you, too. You can do this soup in a slow cooker, Instant Pot, or on the stove top.
This soup has all the flavors of traditional cabbage rolls, but is much easier to make. There’s only 10 minutes of prep time! All you have to do is brown the ground beef, and your slow cooker (or stove or Instant Pot!) does the rest of the work for you.
In a large skillet, warm up the olive oil until it is hot. Add the ground beef, onion and garlic to the pan. Break up the ground beef into crumbles while cooking. Cook until the ground beef is no longer pink – about 10 minutes. While the beef is browning, turn on slow cooker and place all other ingredients in the slow cooker and give it a good stir.
Next, drain off the excess fat from the ground beef. Stir the beef into the rest of the ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. Your keto cabbage roll soup is now ready to enjoy!
Cabbage Roll Soup
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/4 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup marinara sauce no sugar added
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 head cabbage shredded
- In a large skillet, warm up the olive oil until it is hot. Add the ground beef, onion and garlic to the pan. Break up the ground beef into crumbles while cooking until it is no longer pink - about 10 minutes.
- While beef is browning, turn on slow cooker and place all other ingredients in the slow cooker and give a good stir.
- Drain any excess fat from the ground beef and then stir beef into the rest of the ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
If you used your Instant Pot for this recipe, you’ll find more keto Instant Pot recipes here.