This recipe includes two things that I’m a big fan of, easy crock-pot (and Instant Pot) meals and homemade chili! I love being able to quickly toss some fresh ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning. Then have a hearty meal by the end of the day. This beanless chili recipe is on a weekly rotation in our house.
This is a meal that really brings our small family together, especially on cold days! We usually look forward to it all day as it simmers in the crock-pot. The smell of the chili as it fills the house is also a wonderful thing. You can smell the onion and bell peppers all throughout the house.
It’s simple to make this keto friendly recipe and will only take 15 minutes to prep. Start by browning the ground beef and sausage in a large pan. Use a wooden spoon to break up the clumps. Drain the meat and reserve half of the drippings.
Transfer the drained meat into the slow cooker and add the bell pepper, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, other ingredients. Stir to combine. Cook 6-8 hours on low – you’ll know it’s ready when the veggies are soft.
Top with your favorite toppings like shredded cheese, green onions, sour cream, and/or sliced jalapenos. I also like to make our Cheddar Jalapeño Keto Cornbread Muffins as a compliment to the chili
If you have an instant pot I have added the instructions below to make this recipe in 40 minutes!
Keto Chili – Instant Pot Recipe Video:
Keto Chili Instant Pot Cooking Instructions: Ready in 40 Mins!
Prep time: 5 mins / Cook Time: 35 Mins / Total: 40 Mins
- Press the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot.
- Add the ground beef and sausage to the pot and cook until brown.
- Once the meat is browned set Instant Pot to “keep warm/cancel”.
- Add the remaining ingredients (plus add an additional 1/3 cup of water (so 2/3 c total water) if you’re using a Instant Pot® Duo™ Nova – to avoid the burning – the original instant pot as shown in the video doesn’t require the extra water) into the Instant Pot and mix well. (No need to remove liquids as instructed in crock pot cooking method), then cover and lock the lid. Make sure the steam valve is closed.
- Select Bean/Chili setting (30 mins)
- Once the chili is done, the Instant Pot will automatically switch to the “Keep Warm” mode. Allow the pressure to release naturally or use the quick release.
- Stir chili before serving!
Want over 100 recipes, tips, a 30-day meal plan, shopping lists and so much more? Order my first book, Simply Keto, by clicking on the image below!
We usually get 2-3 meals out of this chili recipe and you can double up if you want more. This recipe is great for meal planning for the week. Make sure to store in a refrigerator safe dish, I would recommend using a glass dish to prevent staining.
You can freeze this chili and it will last for weeks. Use freezer bags and portion them out properly so that you only warm-up what you plan to eat. When heating up, just pop in the microwave to heat to your desired temp.
- In a large pot, brown the ground beef and sausage using a wooden spoon to break up the clumps. Drain the meat, reserving half of the drippings.
- Transfer the drained meat into a slow cooker. Add the reserved drippings, bell pepper, onion, garlic, tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin and water and mix well.
- Place the lid on the crockpot, set on low, and cook for 6-8 hours, or high for 5 hours, until veggies are soft.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese, green onions, sour cream, and/or sliced jalapenos.