Macros will vary depending on the brands that you purchase, so be sure to look for the lowest carb options with the tomato paste, diced tomatoes in tomato sauce, and sausage.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time8 hrs
Total Time8 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 1 LB Ground Beef
- 1 LB Ground Sausage regular or hot depending on preference
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/2 Medium Yellow Onion chopped
- 1 can of Diced Tomatoes in Tomato Juice 14.5oz
- 1 can Tomato Paste 6oz
- 1 TBSP Chili Powder May need to use more if you choose a mild sausage
- 1/2 TBSP Ground Cumin
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves minced ( or 1 TBSP Garlic powder, which is .8 net carb additional per serving)
- 1/3 Cup of Water
In a large pot, brown the ground beef and sausage using a wooden spoon to break up the clumps. Drain the meat, reserving half of the drippings.
Transfer the drained meat into a slow cooker. Add the reserved drippings, bell pepper, onion, garlic, tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin and water and mix well.
Place the lid on the crockpot, set on low, and cook for 6-8 hours, or high for 5 hours, until veggies are soft.
Serve topped with shredded cheese, green onions, sour cream, and/or sliced jalapenos.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 387kcal | Total Carbs: 11.4g | Protein: 33.5g | Fat: 24g | Fiber: 3.5g | Net Carbs: 7.9g