This recipe includes two things that I’m a big fan of, easy crock-pot meals and chili! I love being able to quickly toss some fresh ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning, and have a nice and easy dinner in the evening. This recipe is on a weekly rotation in our house, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Macros will vary depending on the brands that you purchase, so be sure to look for the lowest carb options with the tomato paste, diced tomatoes in tomato sauce, and sausage.
- 1 LB Ground Beef
- 1 LB Ground Sausage (regular or hot depending on preference)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Large Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 can of Diced Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (14.5oz)
- 1 can Tomato Paste (6oz)
- 1 TBSP Chili Powder (May need to use more if you choose a mild sausage)
- 1/2 TBSP Ground Cumin
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves, minced ( or 1 TBSP Garlic powder, which is .8 net carb additional per serving)
- 1/3 Cup of Water
- Brown the sausage and ground beef.
- Drain and save half of the fat.
- Place the cooked sausage and ground beef into the crockpot
- Add half of the fat drippings and all other ingredients into the crockpot and mix well.
- Place the lid on the crockpot, set on low, and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Plate and top with sour cream, cheese and green onions, if you like. (Toppings not included in listed macros)