This recipe includes two things that I’m a big fan of, easy crock-pot (and Instant Pot) meals and chili! I love being able to quickly toss some fresh ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning, and have a nice and easy dinner in the evening. This recipe is on a weekly rotation in our house, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Also, if you have an instant pot, you can make this chili in as little as 40 minutes – instructions are listed below!
- 1 LB Ground Beef
- 1 LB Ground Sausage regular or hot depending on preference
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/2 Medium Yellow Onion chopped
- 1 can of Diced Tomatoes in Tomato Juice 14.5oz
- 1 can Tomato Paste 6oz
- 1 TBSP Chili Powder May need to use more if you choose a mild sausage
- 1/2 TBSP Ground Cumin
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves minced ( or 1 TBSP Garlic powder, which is .8 net carb additional per serving)
- 1/3 Cup of Water
- Brown the sausage and ground beef.
- Drain and save half of the fat.
- Place the cooked sausage and ground beef into the crockpot
- Add half of the fat drippings and all other ingredients into the crockpot and mix well.
- Place the lid on the crockpot, set on low, and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Plate and top with sour cream, cheese and green onions, if you like. (Toppings not included in listed macros)
Keto Chili Instant Pot Cooking Instructions: Ready in 40 Mins!
Prep time: 5 mins / Cook Time: 35 Mins / Total: 40 Mins
- Press the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot, and add the ground beef and sausage to the pot and cook until brown.
- Once meat is browned set Instant Pot to “keep warm/cancel”.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the Instant Pot and mix well. (No need to remove liquids as instructed in crock pot cooking method), then cover and lock the lid. Make sure the steam valve is closed.
- Select Bean/Chili setting (30 mins)
- Once the chili is done, the Instant Pot will automatically switch to the “Keep Warm” mode. Allow the pressure to release naturally or use the quick release.
- Stir chili before serving!
For more recipes (over 100!), tips, a 30-day meal plan, shopping lists, encouragement and so much more, order my first book, Simply Keto, by clicking on the image below!