If you are in search of a delicious and dairy-free breakfast, look no further! I love this dish because it’s hearty, flavorful and ready in less than 20 minutes. To bulk it up even more, place all of the prepared ingredients on top of a bed of shredded cabbage, romaine lettuce, or spinach.
Chorizo Breakfast Bowl
- 1/2 lb chorizo not in casing
- 1 cup riced cauliflower (buy fresh riced cauliflower to save time)
- 2 eggs any style
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- lime wedges optional
- fresh cilantro optional
- In a large skillet, crumble chorizo and cook until it is slightly crisp, about 5-6 minutes. Next, add in the riced cauliflower and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- While the cauliflower rice and chorizo is cooking, prepare the eggs in the style of your liking. You can soft boil, pan fry, scramble or poach the eggs.
- Divide chorizo and cauliflower evenly into two separate bowls. Top each with one egg, ¼ of an avocado, and ¼ cup of pico de gallo.
- Garnish with lime wedge and or fresh cilantro, if desired.