Keto Jalapeño Poppers
- 5 bacon slices (For a shortcut you can use pre-cooked bacon bits/pieces)
- 6 jalapeño peppers
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- In a skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon until crispy. Set aside on a paper towel–lined plate to cool. When cool enough to handle, chop the bacon into bits.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and membranes. (If you prefer spicy food, feel free to incorporate the jalapeño seeds and membranes into the cheese sauce instead of discarding them.)
- In a medium-sized bowl, use a fork to combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, and bacon bits. Spoon some of the mixture into each jalapeño half and set the peppers cheese side up on the lined baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and slightly crisp on top.