Looking for a delicious meal that also fits your keto diet? Try these juicy, tender brined pork chops! With perfectly balanced flavors, they’re an ideal way to satisfy your hunger while sticking to your dietary goals. Not only are they low in carbs and packed with protein, but brining pork chops before cooking them can make a big difference in their flavor and texture. The salt in the brine helps to tenderize the meat, making it more juicy and flavorful. Additionally, the brine can infuse the meat with other flavors, such as herbs and spices, for an even more delicious result. Brined pork chops are a perfect keto dinner option that’s both flavorful and satisfying. Give them a try and let us know what you think!
Benefits of Brining Pork Chops
Brining pork chops before cooking them can make a big difference in their flavor and texture. The salt in the brine helps to tenderize the meat, making it more juicy and flavorful. Additionally, the brine can infuse the meat with other flavors, such as herbs and spices, for an even more delicious result. Brining also helps to keep the pork chops moist during the cooking process, which is especially important for leaner cuts of meat like pork chops. So if you want to take your pork chops to the next level, consider brining them before cooking!
- 1 cup of half and half
- 2 8oz Bone-in center-cut pork chops
- 1/4 tsp Dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Dried sage
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a large bowl, combine the half and half, dried rosemary, dried sage, and black pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Add the pork chops to the bowl and coat them in the mixture. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Remove the pork chops from the brine and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In a large skillet, heat some oil over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and sear them for 3-4 minutes on each side, until they are browned and the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes before serving.
These brined pork chops are a perfect keto dinner option that’s both flavorful and satisfying. Give them a try and let us know what you think!
- For an extra crispy crust, try coating the pork chops in a mixture of almond flour and grated parmesan cheese before searing them in the skillet.
- If you don’t have half and half, you can substitute heavy cream or coconut milk for a dairy-free option.
- Experiment with different herbs and spices in the brine to customize the flavor to your liking. Thyme, oregano, and garlic are all great options.
- Store leftover pork chops in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To keep them fresh, place them in an airtight container or wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or foil. You can also freeze the pork chops for up to 3 months. To thaw frozen pork chops, place them in the refrigerator overnight.
- Whisk half and half and apple cider vinegar in a bowl and let sit for 3 min, until the liquid has thickened.
- Add in salt, rosemary, and sage and stir to combine. In a glass airtight container or large ziptop bag, add pork and brine together. Seal and refrigerate 12-24 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Remove pork from bag and discard brine. Pat the pork dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle pork with pepper.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat and coat the grill with cooking spray. Cook the pork chops for 3-4 minutes per side, until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Let the pork chops sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Here are some other delicious keto recipes that you may want to check out: