They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you are in search of a delicious and dairy-free breakfast, look no further than this Chorizo Breakfast Bowl! I love this dish because it’s hearty and flavorful. To bulk it up even more, place all of the prepared ingredients on top of a bed of shredded cabbage, romaine lettuce, or spinach.
Ready in less than 20 minutes, this dish may become your new favorite! It’s a great savory breakfast option, and will definitely keep you full until lunch.
If you’re not familiar with chorizo, I think you’ll really like it! It’s a type of pork sausage that’s packed with spices and tons of flavors. Not sure what pico de gallo is? It’s like a little fresh salad of chopped tomato, onion, Serrano peppers, with salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro. It’s delicious! You can find it in the produce section of your grocery store, or you can make your own.
Start by crumbling the chorizo in a large skillet. Cook until it is slightly crisp, about 5-6 minutes. Next, add in the riced cauliflower and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
While the chorizo cooks, prepare the eggs anyway you’d like. Soft boiled, poached, scrambled, fried…there are so many options to choose from!
Now, divide the chorizo and cauliflower evenly into two separate bowls. Top each bowl with one egg, ¼ of an avocado, and ¼ cup of pico de gallo. You can top your Chorizo Breakfast Bowl with lime wedges, fresh cilantro, or your favorite hot sauce, if desired.
Chorizo Breakfast Bowl
- 1/2 lb chorizo not in casing
- 1 cup riced cauliflower (buy fresh riced cauliflower to save time)
- 2 eggs any style
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- lime wedges optional
- fresh cilantro optional
- In a large skillet, crumble chorizo and cook until it is slightly crisp, about 5-6 minutes. Next, add in the riced cauliflower and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- While the cauliflower rice and chorizo is cooking, prepare the eggs in the style of your liking. You can soft boil, pan fry, scramble or poach the eggs.
- Divide chorizo and cauliflower evenly into two separate bowls. Top each with one egg, ¼ of an avocado, and ¼ cup of pico de gallo.
- Garnish with lime wedge and or fresh cilantro, if desired.