This keto beef stroganoff recipe is the perfect healthy comfort food that your family can enjoy on a busy work night because prep time is only 10 minutes! It is full of flavor and cooks in just one pan.
Tender sirloin and hearty mushrooms are smothered in a tangy, creamy sauce. This keto stroganoff will taste like it cooked all day instead of in under an hour.
Start by searing the sirloin in a large saucepan until well browned. Next, add onion and garlic and cook until the onions soften. Pour in the beef broth, and scrape all the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
Don’t skip this step because those little bits are where all kinds of flavors are hiding! Add in the mushrooms, and let the mixture cook for 30 minutes.
In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients together. Ladle out about 1/2 cup of the hot beef broth that the meat and mushrooms are cooking in and slowly stir it into the sour cream mixture.
This step is to prevent the sour cream from curdling, and you don’t want a lumpy sauce. Stir the sauce into the pan, and mix to evenly coat the meat and mushrooms. Let everything simmer for a few minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
Serve this hearty keto beef stroganoff with zucchini noodles. If you have leftovers, store them in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Sear the beef for about 5 minutes, flipping half way so that both sides of the meat are browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the chopped onion and garlic, tossing everything together for about 3 minutes, until onion is soft.
- Pour in the beef broth and make sure to scrape off any of browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms, stir together and turn heat to low. Let everything simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sour cream, dijon mustard, and xanthan gum. Ladle out about 1/2 cup of the hot beef broth and slowly stir it into the sour cream mixture. (This step is to prevent the sour cream from curdling.)
- Next, pour the sour cream mixture in with the meat and stir until it is fully incorporated. Let everything simmer for a few minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Serve Stroganoff over zucchini noodles and sprinkle with chives, if desired.
I have many keto dinner recipes to share, almost all of which are ready in an hour or less!
Griff NeilsonJuly 15, 2021 at 4:25 pm
My mom used to make a similar recipe that I remember growing up. I just made this and I really enjoyed it. The garlic and the Dijon mustard gave it just the right “kick” for my tastes. Thank you for this one! 🙂
SuzanneDecember 22, 2021 at 7:49 pm
Thanks! Have a great day too!