After a seemingly never ending winter, summer is finally here and it’s officially grilling season!
Today, I’m sharing one of my favorite summer-time recipe from my best-selling keto guide and cookbook, Simply Keto.
Grilled Chicken and Bacon Ranch Kabobs
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES, PLUS 30 MINUTES TO MARINATE • COOK TIME: 15 TO 20 MINUTES
YIELD: 6 KABOBS (2 PER SERVING)
- 1⁄3 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed (24 cubes total)
- 6 slices bacon
- 12 small white mushrooms, halved (optional)
• 6 wood or metal skewers (soak wood skewers in water for 30 minutes before grilling to prevent them from catching fire on the grill)
- Make the marinade: In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the ranch dressing, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Add the chicken to the bowl with the marinade and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the end of a slice of bacon onto a skewer. Add one piece of chicken and one mushroom half (if using) to the skewer, then loop the bacon around and thread it onto the skewer again. Add another piece of chicken and another mushroom, then thread the bacon onto the skewer again, creating an “S” pattern covering each level of chicken and mushroom with bacon. Repeat until each skewer has 4 pieces of chicken and 4mushroom halves.
- Grill the skewers for 15 to 20 minutes, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F and the juices run clear, and the bacon is cooked.
Have a great summer!
Lots of love,
Pizza has always been one of our favorite foods, so when Mick and I switched over to the ketogenic lifestyle, I knew we would likely create a new low-carb version! After lots and lots of recipe testing, we finally dialed in this delicious and easy keto pizza recipe!
This recipe is featured in my best selling book, Simply Keto, but I wanted to share it with all of you here on the blog! Give it a whirl and let me know what you think!
Quick and Easy Personal Pizza
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES • COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES • YIELD: 1 SERVING
1⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1⁄4 cup blanched almond flour
1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch of salt
1 large egg yolk
1 1⁄2 tablespoons no-sugar- added pizza sauce
1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
5 slices pepperoni (Or toppings of your choice)
1⁄4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Note: Feel free to create your own pizza toppings or season the crust with different spices! Fresh basil also complements this recipe really nicely.
- Place an oven rack in the top position. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Make the crust: In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese, almond flour, garlic powder, and salt and stir until well blended. Microwave for 25 seconds.
- Knead the dough with your hands for a few seconds. Add the egg yolk while the dough is still warm. Knead until combined and roll into a ball. Form a disk as if you were making a hamburger patty. Place the dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet and use your hands to press into a circle 5 to 6 inches in diameter and about 1⁄4 inch thick (or use a rolling pin). If the dough cools too much to form properly, place it back in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Use a fork to poke holes in several places throughout the crust before baking. Bake on the top rack for 8 to 10 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the crust from the oven and flip it over. Top the flatter side with the pizza sauce and sprinkle with half of the cheese. Next, add the pepperoni slices, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for another 3 to 4 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle the pizza with Italian seasoning before serving.
CALORIES: 479 | FAT: 39 g | PROTEIN: 25 g | TOTAL CARBS: 11 g | NET CARBS: 7.8 g
Lots of love,
Today I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes from my new book, Simply Keto. This recipe is called Pop Pop’s Peanut Butter Bites. These delicious bites remind me of peanut butter cups, but the great thing about this recipe is that there’s no need for special molds or sugar! Only 6 simple ingredients, and ready to eat in less than an hour! Enjoy…
Pop Pop’s Peanut Butter Bites
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES, PLUS 40 MINUTES TO CHILL • COOK TIME: 1 MINUTE YIELD: 10 BITES
(2 PER SERVING)
- Line a plate or small rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the peanut butter, sweetener, almond flour and vanilla until smooth.
- Form the peanut butter mixture into 10 small balls and place them on the parchment-lined plate. Place the plate in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, place the chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave until fully melted, about 45 seconds.
- Add the MCT oil to the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Remove the peanut butter balls from the freezer. Dip the balls one at a time into the melted chocolate. Use a spoon to gently roll the balls in the chocolate until they’re fully covered. Place the chocolate-coated balls on the parchment paper–lined plate.
- Place the chocolate-coated balls in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the chocolate is solid. Store extras in a zip-top plastic bag in the freezer for up to 6 months.
CALORIES: 122 | FAT: 10.8 g | PROTEIN: 4.2 g | TOTAL CARBS: 7 g | NET CARBS: 2.6 g
Lots of love,
I’ve teamed up with one of my favorite companies, NutriBullet, to share about the new NutriBullet Balance! This incredible and compact nutrient extractor connects to your smart device via Bluetooth and shows you exact measurements and macros of each ingredient in real time as you add them!
In the NutriBullet Balance app you’ll also find a lot of cool features like recipes, shopping lists and unique user profile settings (there is even a wellness goals setting for Ketogenic!). While scrolling through the recipes, I stumbled upon this easy, 5 ingredient cauliflower soup recipe and decided to give it a try! (Spoiler alert: It was so easy to make and turned out great!)
Note: Not all recipes in the app are keto friendly, but you do have the option to add your own! Also, hot ingredients can’t be used in the Balance, so be sure to cool all items before use.
Now on to the soup…
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER COMFORT SOUP
Made with only 5 simple ingredients!
NutriBullet Balance – Creamy Cauliflower Comfort Soup
2 cups Almond Milk, unsweetened
2 cups Cauliflower, chopped, streamed and then cooled. (No hot items in the NutriBullet)
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Black Pepper, ground
Olive Oil (Optional)
Add all ingredients into the NutriBullet Balance as instructed and blend for 45 seconds. Transfer to a microwave safe bowl and heat to desired temperature.
Using the NutriBullet Balance was easy (plus easy to clean!), and very user friendly! Due to having really limited counter space, I really love that the Balance is smaller than a traditional blender and easy to store. The Bluetooth connection is really amazing and it’s so awesome to see how well it measures the ingredients as you add them! The Balance does a great job with macro calculation and I really enjoyed using it!
I hope you all enjoy this delicious and simple recipe, and let me know what you think about this new NutriBullet Balance!
Lots of love,
This post is sponsored by NutriBullet, but the opinions are my own and true. I would never share anything with all of you that I don’t truly love myself! Thank you to NutriBullet for sharing such a great product with me!
This months Keto Krate featured low carb Paleo Wraps, which are great for breakfast burritos, sandwich wraps and so much more. I decided to use these wraps to recreate a low carb version of one of my favorite appetizers, avocado spring rolls! This recipe is quick, easy and delicious! I hope you all enjoy these as much as I did!
Pancakes used to be one of my all time favorites before switching to keto, so I knew finding a good low carb pancake recipe would helpful when/if the craving popped up! I tried a few recipes, and ended up changing, and adding things until I discovered the perfect consistency and taste.
Staying on track during the holidays
It’s been said that the average American consumes a whopping 4,500 calories during the tradition Thanksgiving meal alone. I used to give myself a “holiday pass”, to eat whatever I wanted, in the name of “tradition”. I now realize that those choices would eventually spill over to days, weeks, even years of poor eating. The key to success for me is consistency, and being prepared with keto friendly options.
This recipe includes two things that I’m a big fan of, easy crock-pot (and Instant Pot) meals and chili! I love being able to quickly toss some fresh ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning, and have a nice and easy dinner in the evening. This recipe is on a weekly rotation in our house, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Also, if you have an instant pot, you can make this chili in as little as 40 minutes – instructions are listed below!
I finally decided to try making Fathead Pizza after seeing so many positive reviews! Pizza is my husbands favorite foods, so I always look for great low carb pizza recipes! Here is the final product…