Cheeseburger casserole…need I say more? I love to make casseroles because they are hearty, simple and easy to prepare. I love the flexibility of having dinner ready and keeping it warm in the oven until everyone is home and ready to eat. This keto cheeseburger casserole recipe is one of our new favorites, and I hope your family enjoys it too! This is also a great option if you like to do food prep for a busy week ahead! Enjoy!
Store leftovers in a covered container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months.
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lbs riced cauliflower store prepared or appox. 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp liquid aminos
- 1 10-oz can diced tomatoes drained
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 full medium/large dill pickle chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- chopped parsley optional, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over med-high heat until crisp. Remove the bacon from pan with a slotted spoon, reserving the bacon grease in the pan, and set on a paper towel lined plate.
- Place the ground beef, onion and garlic into the same skillet that you cooked the bacon in, over medium-high heat. Break the beef apart with a wooden spoon and brown the beef for 7-10 minutes. Transfer the ground beef mixture into a colander to discard any excess liquid. Return the meat to the pan (still over medium/high heat). Toss in riced cauliflower, salt and pepper until incorporated.
- Add the liquid aminos, diced tomato, cream cheese, pickle, mustard and half of the reserved bacon. Stir the mixture together and cook until cream cheese is melted throughout.
- Spray a 13x9 baking dish (or 3 quart casserole dish) with cooking spray. Pour the ground beef mixture into the dish. Sprinkle the top with cheddar cheese and the remaining bacon. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbling.
- Top with chopped parsley if desired.