After a seemingly never ending winter, summer is finally here and it’s officially grilling season!
Today, I’m sharing one of my favorite summer-time recipe from my best-selling keto guide and cookbook, Simply Keto.
Grilled Chicken and Bacon Ranch Kabobs
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES, PLUS 30 MINUTES TO MARINATE • COOK TIME: 15 TO 20 MINUTES
YIELD: 6 KABOBS (2 PER SERVING)
- 1⁄3 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed (24 cubes total)
- 6 slices bacon
- 12 small white mushrooms, halved (optional)
• 6 wood or metal skewers (soak wood skewers in water for 30 minutes before grilling to prevent them from catching fire on the grill)
- Make the marinade: In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the ranch dressing, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Add the chicken to the bowl with the marinade and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the end of a slice of bacon onto a skewer. Add one piece of chicken and one mushroom half (if using) to the skewer, then loop the bacon around and thread it onto the skewer again. Add another piece of chicken and another mushroom, then thread the bacon onto the skewer again, creating an “S” pattern covering each level of chicken and mushroom with bacon. Repeat until each skewer has 4 pieces of chicken and 4mushroom halves.
- Grill the skewers for 15 to 20 minutes, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F and the juices run clear, and the bacon is cooked.
Have a great summer!
Lots of love,