Do you have extra fresh herbs from a previous recipe? Let’s use those for keto baked eggs before they go to waste! This is an easy and versatile recipe that is just as easy to make for a crowd as it is to make for yourself for a nice breakfast. You can use any herbs that you like or have on hand. I used parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. Other options are oregano, tarragon, chives, dill, etc.
Also, if you have a lot of dried herbs at home, the conversion from fresh to dried herbs is as follows: 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs = 1 teaspoon of dried herbs. So, in this recipe you would use 2 tsp of dried herbs if you don’t have fresh herbs on hand.
Baked Eggs with Fresh Herbs
- 2 tsp butter softened
- 4 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh herbs ( I often use parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. See notes below for using dried herbs)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 350° F. Coat individual ramekins with 1 tsp butter. (If you don't have ramekins, see tips below on how to make this recipe in a muffin tin)
- Chop desired herbs very finely. Mix in a small bowl with parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper
- Add 2 tbsp cream to each dish and then sprinkle 2 tbsp of the parmesean/herb mixture evenly over the cream. Lightly stir to combine.
- Crack two eggs in each ramekin, being careful not to crack the yolk.
- Bake until the whites are set, 17-20 minutes, depending on how you like your egg yolks.