I often make bacon wrapped asparagus as a side dish, but adding a Swerve Brown “sugar” glaze makes these over-the-top delicious. This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make, and is the perfect appetizer or side during the week or holiday season!
Bacon Wrapped AsparagusPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 10 people
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place a wire rack on top of a rimmed cookie sheet and set aside.
- On a large plate, drizzle asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Wrap each bacon strip tightly around an asparagus stalk, starting about ½ inch from the tip of the asparagus stalk. Place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small pot, heat brown swerve, butter, and cayenne (if using) over high heat. Stir often, until it is melted and bubbly for about 3 minutes.
- Brush butter and swerve mixture over each bacon wrapped asparagus and season with ground black pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning each asparagus half way. If bacon is not crisp, set oven to broil and place pan on the top rack for 1-2 minutes.
Total Carbs: 6g - Sugar Alcohol: 4g - Fiber: 1g = Net Carbs: 1g
Serving: 2prepared asparagus | Calories: 91kcal | Total Carbs: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Fiber: 1g | Net Carbs: 1g | Sugar Alcohols: 4g