I often make bacon wrapped asparagus as a side dish, but adding a Swerve Brown “sugar” glaze makes these over-the-top delicious. This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make, and is the perfect appetizer or side during the week or holiday season!
Bacon Wrapped AsparagusPrint Pin Rate
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place a wire rack on top of a rimmed cookie sheet and set aside.
- On a large plate, drizzle asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Wrap each bacon strip tightly around an asparagus stalk, starting about ½ inch from the tip of the asparagus stalk. Place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small pot, heat brown swerve, butter, and cayenne (if using) over high heat. Stir often, until it is melted and bubbly for about 3 minutes.
- Brush butter and swerve mixture over each bacon wrapped asparagus and season with ground black pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning each asparagus half way. If bacon is not crisp, set oven to broil and place pan on the top rack for 1-2 minutes.