Whether you enjoy them as a dessert or take them to a potluck, these Keto Cake Batter Truffles are a sugar free treat that will make everybody happy! These cake batter bites are pretty to look at too, so they also make a great homemade gift for family and friends.
I really like desserts that make many servings. This is one of those recipes. It makes 18 cake bites that you can store in the freezer for up to a month. If you are taking them to a gathering, consider making two batches because they’ll go quickly!
The recipe does require some effort, but it’s an easy and fun one to make. Let the kids help roll the dough into balls (just make sure they don’t eat as they work!) I do recommend using an electric mixer for this recipe instead of just a spoon so the ingredients get well incorporated and the dough is smooth.
How To Make Keto Cake Batter Truffles
You’ll start by adding the butter and sweeteners to a large bowl. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Then add in the extracts and salt. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is mixed thoroughly.
Now you will turn the mixer on low and slowly add in the almond flour. Don’t do it on high or you’ll have flour everywhere! Next, fold in the sprinkles. Place the dough in the fridge and allow to chill for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, find a baking sheet or plate(s) that will fit in your freezer and line them with either parchment paper or wax paper. Remove the dough from the fridge, and roll it into cake balls. You’ll want to use about a tablespoon of dough for each ball. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
Next, we need to make the truffles coating, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the oil and ½ cup white chocolate chips in 30-second increments, stirring after each round of heating, until smooth. The bowl will be hot so handle it carefully.
Spoon the melted chocolate over a single dough ball and sprinkle with the reserved sprinkles before the chocolate hardens. Repeat for all of the dough balls and place the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened before serving.
How do I store these cake batter truffles?
Storage is a cinch, much like my other bite sized recipes, these can be stored in the freezer for up to a month. I would recommend storing them in an airtight bag or container to keep them tasting fresh all month long. These are amazing for meal planning when you want to pop in a little dessert at the end of your meal.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the butter and sweeteners until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla, almond extract, and salt and beat until incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the almond flour until well mixed.
- Fold in 3 tbsp of the sprinkles, then place dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. While the dough is chilling, line a tray or plate(s) that will fit in your freezer with parchment or wax paper.
- Roll the chilled dough into 18 equal-sized balls, about a tablespoon each, and place on the lined tray. Place the tray in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. The colder the dough balls are, the easier they are to work with.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the coconut oil and ½ cup white chocolate chips in 30-second increments, stirring after each round of heating, until smooth.
Spoon the melted chocolate over a single dough ball and sprinkle with the reserved sprinkles before the chocolate hardens. Repeat for all of the dough balls and place the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened before serving. Store the balls in the freezer for up to one month.
These keto cake batter bites are sure to become a family favorite! For other dessert bite ideas, check out these yummy Pumpkin Pie Bites and these Peanut Butter Bites that taste like peanut butter cups.