Today I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes from my new book, Simply Keto. This recipe is called Pop Pop’s Peanut Butter Bites. These delicious bites remind me of peanut butter cups, but the great thing about this recipe is that there’s no need for special molds or sugar! Only 6 simple ingredients, and ready to eat in less than an hour! Enjoy…
Pop Pop’s Peanut Butter Bites
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES, PLUS 40 MINUTES TO CHILL • COOK TIME: 1 MINUTE YIELD: 10 BITES
(2 PER SERVING)
- 1⁄4 cup natural peanut butter (no sugar added; only peanuts and salt)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener
- 2 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup stevia-sweetened Lily’s Baking Chocolate Chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons MCT oil
- Line a plate or small rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the peanut butter, sweetener, almond flour and vanilla until smooth.
- Form the peanut butter mixture into 10 small balls and place them on the parchment-lined plate. Place the plate in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, place the chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave until fully melted, about 45 seconds.
- Add the MCT oil to the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Remove the peanut butter balls from the freezer. Dip the balls one at a time into the melted chocolate. Use a spoon to gently roll the balls in the chocolate until they’re fully covered. Place the chocolate-coated balls on the parchment paper–lined plate.
- Place the chocolate-coated balls in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the chocolate is solid. Store extras in a zip-top plastic bag in the freezer for up to 6 months.
CALORIES: 122 | FAT: 10.8 g | PROTEIN: 4.2 g | TOTAL CARBS: 7 g | NET CARBS: 2.6 g
Lots of love,