This is the perfect after-dinner cocktail to enjoy with friends during the holidays, or on a cold winter’s night.
Spicy, sweet and warm… it doesn’t get much better!
Keto Hot ToddyPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Servings: 2 people
- 12 oz water
- 1 whole star anise pod
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 tea bag of black tea
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp Brown Swerve
- 3 oz bourbon
- sliced lemon and/or cinnamon sticks for garnish, optional
- Add water, star anise, cinnamon stick and cloves to a small pot over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 5 minutes. The longer you let it steep, the spicier it will be. Turn off the water and add tea bag to steep for 3 more minutes.
- Take out tea bag and spices. Stir in juice of ½ lemon, brown swerve and bourbon. Stir until swerve is dissolved.
- Serve with a cinnamon stick as a garnish for stirring and/or a slice of lemon.
Total Carbs: 14g - Sugar Alcohol: 12g - Fiber: 0 = Net Carbs: 2g To make a virgin Hot Toddy, use 16 oz of water and omit the bourbon.
Serving: 1drink | Calories: 119kcal | Total Carbs: 14g | Net Carbs: 2g | Sugar Alcohols: 12g