This flavorful chicken and veggie stir fry is great for a quick and easy dinner on those busy work nights! From start to finish, this dish takes 25 minutes, and only uses one pan! Less time in the kitchen and less dishes is always a win – win in my book!
Low Carb Chicken and Veggie Stir FryPrint Pin Rate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil separated
- 1 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced or grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup liquid aminos
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp Brown Swerve
- salt/pepper to taste
- chopped green onion optional, for garnish
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum optional
- In a large saute pan or wok, heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Once hot, add the chicken, ginger, and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, until chicken is browned.
- Remove chicken from pan and place onto a large plate. Add an additional Tbsp of coconut oil and the sesame oil to the pan. Add the onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms and broccoli. Saute for about 3 minutes, tossing vegetables so that they are coated in oil.
- Add the liquid aminos, red pepper flakes, and Brown Wwerve. Place chicken back into the pan and toss together. Simmer for 5-6 minutes, until vegetables are still crisp but fork tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional Step: In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum with a tablespoon of the liquid from the pan. Add the mixture back into the pan and stir, over low heat, for 1-2 more minutes, until the sauce has thickened.