There is no need to skip the stuffing when it’s made with keto bread! This flavorful and delicious stuffing hits the spot. These types of recipes really show you that you can make almost anything keto-friendly by changing a few simple ingredients! Enjoy!
Keto Sausage StuffingPrint Pin Rate
- 1 loaf Keto Bread, homemade or store bought cut into 1/2 inch pieces, about 6 cups
- 1/2 pound bulk sausage
- 1/2 cup butter separated
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 stalk celery chopped
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2.5 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place the bread cubes on a large sheet pan and place in oven, for 15 minutes so that the bread can dry out. Toss once around 7 minutes.
- While bread is toasting, brown sausage in a large skillet over high heat, for about 5-8 minutes until no longer pink. Once done, transfer the meat into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt ¼ cup butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, poultry seasoning and sage. Cook over medium heat until tender for about 10 minutes.
- Place toasted bread cubes, onion mixture, salt and pepper into the mixing bowl containing the sausage. Pour broth and beaten eggs overtop and gently toss together coating all of the bread.
- Place the mixture in a 9x9 baking dish or a 2-3 quart casserole dish. Cube the remaining ¼ cup butter into small pieces and scatter over the top of the casserole.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and finish in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- If you like crispy bits on your dressing, place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes.