Breakfast, lunch, or dinner ready in under half an hour? Yes please! These eggs cook in a nest of veggies and cheese, making them filling and satisfying enough for any meal you choose. And the best part about this Eggs In A Nest vegetarian recipe is that it’s a one sheet meal – you just prep the veggies, add the toppings and eggs, and pop it all in the oven to bake.
This recipe calls for spiralized zucchini. If you don’t have a spiralizer, I recommend purchasing this spiralizer. I use it all the time, and it’s a fun way to get kids to eat their veggies.
Making Eggs In A Nest of Veggies
Start by preheating the oven to 350°F and spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
Dice a Roma tomato, and spiralize 2 large zucchini. Toss the zucchini noodles, tomatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl, until zucchini is thoroughly coated.
Next, spread the zucchini noodles out onto the prepared pan. Make four wells or “nests” in the zucchini. Crack one egg into each well, but be careful not to break the yolks!
Place the pan in the oven and bake until the eggs are cooked to your preference, 8-12 minutes. The longer the eggs cook, the more well done the yolks will get. If you like a runny egg, take the eggs out after 8 minutes or so. The egg whites may be a little jiggly when you first take them out of the oven but they should set within a few minutes.
Sprinkle feta cheese evenly over the top of the baked eggs and garnish with red pepper flakes, if desired. Now enjoy! This recipe will make four Eggs In A Nest servings; one serving is one egg and a quarter of the veggies.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or greased with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini noodles, roma tomatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper until zucchini is coated.
- Spread the zucchini noodles out onto the prepared pan and make four wells, or “nests” in the zucchini. Crack an egg into each well, being careful not to break the yolks.
- Bake until the eggs are cooked to your preference, 8-12 minutes. If you like a runny egg yolk and only leave the eggs in the oven for 8 minutes, the egg whites may be a little jiggly when you first take them out of the oven but they should set within a few minutes.
- Sprinkle feta cheese evenly over the top of the baked eggs and garnish with red pepper flakes, if desired.
Whether you’re looking for breakfast, lunch, or dinner ideas or even something else, I have lots of keto-friendly recipes that are all delicious, quick, and easy to make!
Charles A WattsMay 11, 2021 at 10:39 am
Looks great, easy to prepare and carb friendly, I’ll try it!