Does your family enjoy curry? We do! There’s something about the strong spices that blend so well with all the ingredients to create a dish with heat and a kick. It warms you up from the inside out! This Pumpkin Curry with Chicken is full of fresh veggies and flavors with tender chicken in a creamy pumpkin sauce. Enjoy it!
Pumpkin Curry With Chicken
Start by placing a tablespoon of coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once melted, add in the chicken and brown for about 5 minutes. Make sure to stir occasionally to get all sides of the chicken browned. Use a slotted spoon to take out the chicken and place it on a plate.
Place another tablespoon of coconut oil to the same pot. Add the chopped onions, ginger, garlic and jalapeño. Stir together until fragrant. Once the onion is translucent, sprinkle in the yellow curry powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and pepper and stir until vegetables are thoroughly coated.
Next, add in the pumpkin puree and coconut milk and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Stir occasionally while the curry simmers for 10-15 minutes.
Uncover and taste, adding more salt and pepper if needed. Add in the chicken, bell pepper, broccoli, and lime juice. Stir and re-cover and simmer for an additional 3-4 minutes. You just want the veggies to be crisp-tender and the chicken cooked to 165 degrees F. Now it’s time to eat!
You can top the curry with chopped cilantro and serve as is or over a bed of cauliflower rice. It makes 6 servings and if you have leftovers, keep them in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can also freeze and use within 2 months.
- Melt 1 Tbsp of coconut oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add chicken and brown for about 5 minutes, occasionally stirring them to get all sides of the chicken browned. Using a slotted spoon, take out the chicken and set on a plate.
- Add another Tbsp of coconut oil to the pot. Add onion, ginger, garlic and jalapeño and stir together until fragrant and onion is translucent. Sprinkle yellow curry powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and pepper and stir until vegetables are coated.
- Add pumpkin puree and coconut milk and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and taste to adjust for salt and pepper if needed. Add the browned chicken, bell pepper, broccoli, and lime juice. Stir, cover and simmer for an additional 3-4 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve as is or over cauliflower rice, top with chopped cilantro.
- Keep leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze and use within 2 months.
I have a few other curry recipes for you to check out if you’re a fan! This Curry Chicken Salad is delicious and perfect for meal prep. This Butter Chicken recipe will help you get dinner on the table in just 30 minutes!