When you think about gingerbread, it’s probably around the holidays. This keto gingerbread loaf is a keto-friendly, spicy, sweet treat that can be enjoyed year-round. Homemade baking always reminds me of comfort food, and this gingerbread loaf is just that.
While the gingerbread loaf does have to bake for 50-60 minutes, preparing the batter only takes 10 minutes. First, line a loaf pan with parchment paper. This is an important step because the parchment paper will prevent the loaf from sticking to the pan. It also makes for easy cleanup.
You should preheat the oven to 325 degrees and let it get nice and warm while you’re mixing the rest of the other ingredients. Also, make sure to use the center rack in the oven. This will make sure that when you put the bread in the oven it will cook evenly.
Next, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, melted butter, Swerve, ginger, pumpkin spice, and kosher salt until mixed together. Add almond flour and baking soda to the mixture to incorporate. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake.
Check at 50 minutes to see if it’s ready. You will know that it’s done when you can insert a toothpick into the middle of the gingerbread and have it come out clean. Let the keto gingerbread loaf cool completely on a wire rack before slicing. The bread will come out thick, chewy, and flavorful.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, melted butter, Swerve, ginger, pumpkin spice and salt until mixed together.
- Mix in the almond flour and the baking powder until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes. You will know it is done when you are able to insert a toothpick into the middle of the gingerbread and have it come out clean.
- Cool the gingerbread on a wire rack before cutting the loaf into 1 inch slices. Serve with keto cream cheese frosting or a dusting of Confectioner’s Swerve.
You can dust the loaf with confectioner’s Swerve if you’d like, but it’s not necessary.
Serve it up
Serve this gingerbread loaf for either breakfast and dessert with butter or keto cream cheese frosting. It’s also delicious by itself. If you’re looking for more keto-friendly bread recipes, I have several! Check out these Cheddar Jalapeno “Corn” Bread muffins, Keto Bread (perfect for making sandwiches!), Everything Bagels, and more here.
Storing the gingerbread is just like any other bread loaf. You can put it in a freezer bag, and store it in the freezer for an extended period of time. You can also leave it out in a bag for about a week like other bread. Just be sure to keep the outside air out to keep it fresh and tasty!