A delicious and hearty low carb and keto friendly taco soup that is sure to be a family favorite! This soup is packed full of flavor, and you can adjust the level of spice based on your personal preference. From mild to spicy, you can dial this recipe in to please the whole family! Enjoy this soup as is or top with fresh sliced avocado, cilantro, sour cream or cheese. Enjoy!
Creamy Taco SoupPrint Pin Rate
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 small can diced green chilis or diced jalapenos
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning homemade or store bought
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot or dutch oven over high heat. Saute beef, onion, garlic, and green bell pepper for 7-8 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, green chilis (or jalapenos), cream cheese, and taco seasoning to the pot. Stir until cream cheese is melted and mixed throughout.
- Pour in chicken broth and reduce heat to low. Simmer 15-20 minutes, until soup has thickened. Stir periodically to avoid the bottom from burning.
- Serve warm and top with toppings of your choice. I like a variety of freshly sliced avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, fresh cilantro, jalapeno, or fresh lime wedges.