With only 5 ingredients and nearly no prep time, you will have a delicious and flavorful Mexican style chicken on your plate in only 35 minutes from start to finish! Top with your favorite low-carb toppings (avocado, sour cream, cilantro, etc) and pair with a side salad, roasted veggies, or cauli-rice for a well rounded keto meal.
Baked Salsa Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1 tsp chili powder or taco seasoning
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 2 cups chunky salsa no sugar added
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro optional
- Preheat oven to 375˚F and heat large skillet over high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and transfer chicken to skillet. Cook chicken for 2 minutes per side, or until just browned.
- Place chicken into a 9x9 baking dish, cover in salsa and then sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees.
- Top with fresh chopped cilantro if desired.