I love these Brussels sprouts because they are quick, easy, and made with simple ingredients. Salty pancetta with creamy goat cheese, crunchy pecans and crisp raw red onion make these Brussels pop with flavor and color! If you aren’t a fan of goat cheese, feel free to leave out the cheese, or sub for feta or blue cheese.
With only 10 minutes of prep time and ready in just 20 minutes, this makes a perfect side for a busy weeknight dinner or as a quick lunch. It’s loaded with flavors and is definitely filling!
I always try to find pre-shredded Brussels sprouts, because they are no additional work. If you cannot find them, you can always buy whole. First, trim the stems of each sprout using a sharp knife. You can use the knife to cut each sprout in half lengthwise once and then slice very thinly into shreds. You can also use the slicing disc attachment on your food processor, which is a great time saver!
Start by sauteing the pancetta until the fat is rendered and its crisp, stirring occasionally. It should take about 8 minutes or so depending on how thick the bacon is cubed.
Add the olive oil and Brussels Sprouts to the hot pan. Cook 8-10 minutes, tossing occasionally. You’ll know Brussels Sprouts are ready when they are carmelized and golden brown.
Spoon onto a serving platter and top with crumbled goat cheese, toasted pecans, and red onion.
Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta, Goat Cheese and Pecans
- 2 oz pancetta cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz shaved brussels sprouts or 1 lbs whole brussels sprouts, stemmed and shredded
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- In a large skillet, sautee pancetta until crisp and fat is rendered, for about 8 minutes.
- Add olive oil to pan and shaved brussel sprouts to hot pan. Cook 8-10 minutes, tossing periodically, until sprouts are carmelized and golden brown.
- Spoon onto a serving platter and top with crumbled goat cheese, toasted pecans, and red onion.