These quick and easy sausage balls are absolutely delicious, and can be served as an appetizer, pre-made and reheated for breakfast, or served at a party, bbq or potluck! Imagine the perfect blend of savory sausage with a freshly baked cheddar biscuit! With only 2 carbs per serving, these are the perfect keto appetizer.
- 1 lb bulk sausage Use raw (uncooked) sausage
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal (see note below if you don't have flaxseed meal on hand)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz Cream Cheese room temp
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Mix all ingredients together into a large bowl until well incorporated. I find that using my hands is the best way to mix.
- Roll approximately 2 tbsp of the mixture into equal 2 inch sized balls. This will make 30 sausage balls.
- Bake for 16 minutes and then move to the top rack and broil on high for 2-4 minutes until the tops get browned.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature.