I love to make these as an appetizer for parties, and they are always a HUGE hit. That being said, there’s no reason to wait for a special occasion because these are so easy to make, with only 4 simple ingredients! Often times, I prep these in advance, and then pop them in the oven (or air fryer) before serving. I prefer to use Baby Bella mushrooms, as I find them more “hearty”, but white mushrooms work just as well. Enjoy!
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 32 large Baby Bella mushroom caps
- 1 c mushroom stems chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 lbs pork sausage mild or hot
- 1 c spinach chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate mushroom caps from mushroom stems. Reserve 1 cup of the mushroom stems, chop, and set aside.
- Brown pork sausage and drain. Place warm sausage over cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Sauté chopped mushroom stems in pan. Once soft, add chopped spinach and sautee for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add spinach and mushroom mixture to bowl with sausage. Mix well to incorporate.
- Stuff mushroom caps GENEROUSLY with sausage mixture.
- Bake on a wire cooling rack over a rimmed sheet pan for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to top rack in the oven and broil on high for an additional 1-2 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.