With the holidays right around the corner, it’s time to start planning your dinner menu. And no Thanksgiving is complete without creamy, crunchy keto green bean casserole. Our version is healthy, keto friendly, and requires just 15 minutes of prep time. And yes, there’s even a crunchy topping! I hope you choose to add this casserole to your holiday table.
Making Keto Green Bean Casserole
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 3-quart or 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
Add the prepared green beans to a large pot of boiling water. Cook until they’re crisp but tender, for about 3-5 minutes. Drain the water and set the green beans aside.
Next add the butter to a medium saucepan over medium/high heat. Cook until the butter is completely melted, and add in the sliced onions. Sauté the onions for 3 minutes, and add the mushrooms and garlic. Cook the mushrooms for about 3 minutes.
Pour the chicken stock into the veggie mixture. Make sure to scrape off any browned bits from the bottom of the pan because that’s where all the yummy flavors are! Turn the heat down to medium, and stir in the cream cheese, Dijon mustard, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir the mixture until the cream cheese is melted through completely.
Add the green beans into the mixture and toss until they are thoroughly coated, then turn off the heat. Spread the green bean mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Prepare the topping in a small bowl. Simply combine the ground pork rinds, parmesan cheese, and butter. Sprinkle the topping over the green beans.
Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the casserole is bubbling and topping is browned. If you’re like my family and like an extra crispy topping, place the casserole under the broiler for a minute or 2 once it is done baking. Enjoy!
- 1 lbs green beans trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 medium onion thinly sliced
- 8 oz brown mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 6 oz cream cheese cut into cubes
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 3-quart or 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Boil a large pot of water and add your prepared green beans. Cook for 3-5 minutes until they are crisp tender. Drain them from the water and set aside.
- Add butter to a medium saucepan over medium/high heat. When butter is melted, add onions. Sauté the onions for 3 minutes then add the mushrooms and garlic.
- Cook the mushrooms for about 3 minutes. Pour in chicken stock, making sure to scrape off any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Turn heat down to medium and stir in cream cheese, dijon mustard, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until cream cheese is melted through.
- Toss in green beans until they are coated and then turn off the heat.
- Spread the green bean mixture into the prepared baking dish. Prepare the topping in a small bowl by combining the ground pork rinds, parmesan cheese, and butter. Sprinkle topping over the green beans.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the casserole is bubbling and topping is browned. If you like an extra crispy topping, you can place the casserole under the broiler for 2 minutes once it is done baking.
This recipe makes approximately 4 cups of green beans. Each serving is about 1/2 cup. Store any leftovers in the fridge.
This keto green bean casserole is a wonderful addition to any meal. It’s fancy enough for the holidays, but quick and easy enough for weeknight meals too. Check out these other recipes for your holiday table including Bacon Wrapped Asparagus, Creamed Brussels Sprouts, and these comforting Keto Dinner Rolls.