Pancetta and Brussels sprouts always pair well together, but this garlicky cream sauce make these Brussels extra delicious. This is a great recipe to make as a side for a special holiday meal, or as an everyday side during the week.
Creamed Brussels SproutsPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 8 people
- 4 oz pancetta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts stemmed and halved
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg optional
- Brown pancetta in a large saucepan over high heat until fat is rendered, for about 5 minutes. Remove pancetta from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving the grease in the pan.
- Melt butter in the saucepan, once hot add onion and garlic and saute until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add brussels sprouts, chicken stock, salt and pepper. Bring chicken stock to a boil, reduce heat down to low and then cover. Cook for about 10 minutes until brussels are fork tender.
- Uncover and stir in cream and nutmeg (if using). Turn heat back to high and cook until liquid is reduced and thickened, for approximately 5 minutes. Add cooked pancetta, season with salt and pepper to taste, then stir and serve.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 224kcal | Total Carbs: 11g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Fiber: 8g | Net Carbs: 3g