When you think about tuna casserole, you probably think of noodles in a creamy sauce with light, flavorful tuna in the spotlight. This keto tuna casserole is just like the casserole you remember eating as a kid and tastes so delicious you won’t even miss the noodles!
Dinner will be on the table in just 30 minutes because this is a quick and easy recipe that you prep in just 15 minutes. Since the tuna is already cooked, it cooks quickly – in just 15 minutes. It’s perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends when you don’t feel like cooking and really want comfort food!
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Add the butter to a medium-sized saucepan over high heat. Once the butter melts, add the onions and celery. Saute for about 7 minutes, then add the mushrooms.
When the mushrooms have cooked for 5 minutes or so, add the cream cheese. Stir to combine, and once it melts, remove the pan from the heat.
Next, combine the drained tuna, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, and the mushroom mixture in a large bowl. Stir together until combined. Spoon the tuna mixture into a casserole dish.
In a small bowl, combine the ground pork rinds, parmesan cheese, parsley, and butter. This will make a faux panko topping without the bread crumbs. Sprinkle topping over the tuna mixture.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese has melted and the topping is browned.
If you’re like me and like an extra crispy topping, you can also place the casserole under the broiler for 2 minutes once it is done baking. Keep an eye on it, so your keto tuna casserole topping doesn’t get too brown!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 3-quart or 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add butter to a medium saucepan over high heat. When butter is melted, add onions and celery. Saute for 5-7 minutes then add the mushrooms.
- Cook the mushrooms for about 5 minutes then stir in cream cheese until it is melted though. Take off of the heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine drained tuna, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, and the mushroom mixture. Stir together until combined.
- Spoon the tuna mixture into the casserole dish. Prepare the topping in a small bowl by combining the ground pork rinds, parmesan cheese, parsley and butter. Sprinkle topping over the tuna mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese has melted and topping is browned. If you like an extra crispy topping, you can also place the casserole under the broiler for 2 minutes once it is done baking.
Another busy weeknight casserole my family enjoys is this Keto Cheeseburger Casserole. Yum!