These keto Asian lettuce wraps are a copycat recipe of PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps. They are bursting with flavor and you can easily make them right at home in just 30 minutes!
These healthy lettuce wraps are savory and delicious. They’re super easy to prep and I love all of the textures. They’re great for a quick lunch or even as a light dinner or snack.
While the original recipe calls for water chestnuts, you won’t miss them – mushrooms take their place. I’ve also included additional colorful veggies to help you get your veggies in for the day!
Start by making the Hoisin sauce. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside while you prepare the chicken filling.
How to make Asian lettuce wraps
Next, heat oil over high heat in a large skillet or wok. Brown and crumble the ground chicken using a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes. Add onion, celery, and bell pepper and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring often. The onion should become translucent.
Now, toss in chopped mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes until mushrooms are soft. Stir in Hoisin sauce until the meat and veggies are coated and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Taste the chicken, and salt, and pepper to your liking.
Serve by scooping about 1/4 cup of the filling into each lettuce leaf. I like using bibb or butter lettuce because the shape is more rounded than other varieties.
This recipe makes enough for 6 servings of Keto Asian Lettuce Wraps, so it’s a perfect recipe if you meal prep. It reheats well and you can enjoy them throughout the week!
Keto Hoisin Sauce
Keto Hoisin Sauce
- Prepare Hoisin sauce by whisking all hoisin ingredients together in a bowl until combined. Set aside while you prepare the filling.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over high heat. Brown and crumble ground chicken using a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes.
- Add onion, celery, and bell pepper and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring often, until onion becomes translucent.
- Toss in chopped mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes until mushrooms are soft.
- Stir in Hoisin sauce until the meat and veggies are coated and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Taste filling and add salt/pepper too taste.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the filling into a single bibb lettuce leaf and serve.
If you’re a fan of lettuce wraps, check out this recipe for Curry Chicken Salad. It’s also packed full of flavors and textures and takes only 10 minutes to make!