Today, I’m sharing one of the most popular recipes from my new book, Beyond Simply Keto!
Everybody sneaks a taste of the cookie dough when making cookies, right? With this recipe for chocolate covered keto cookie dough bites, you don’t have to keep it a secret. These cookie dough bites are keto-friendly because they contain no sugar. The dough is also completely safe to eat since the recipe doesn’t include raw eggs.
Once the dough is made, the kids can help roll the dough into balls and cover them in chocolate. It may get a little messy, but that’s part of the fun of cooking with kids.
There’s only 20 minutes of prep time – the rest of the time is chill time in the fridge for the dough.
How To Make Chocolate Covered Keto Cookie Dough Bites
Start by adding the softened butter and sweeteners to a large bowl. Beat on high speed using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Next, add in the extracts and salt. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary to ensure everything is mixed thoroughly. Now turn the mixer on low and slowly add in the almond flour. Don’t do it on high or you’ll have almond flour covering your entire kitchen! Next, fold a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Place the dough in the fridge and allow to chill for 15 minutes.
While the dough chills, find a tray or plate(s) that will fit in your freezer and line them with either parchment paper or wax paper. Remove the dough from the fridge, and roll it into balls to the size of 2 inches in diameter. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. The colder the dough is the easier it is to work with, so if they freeze longer, that’s okay.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the oil and the rest of the chocolate chips in 30-second increments, stirring after each round of heating, until the chocolate is smooth. The bowl and chocolate will be hot so use caution.
Use a fork and dip the chilled cookie dough balls into the chocolate until well coated. Put the balls back on the tray and into the freezer for at least 5 minutes.
You can store the balls in the fridge for up to 3 weeks, but I hardly think they’ll last that long!
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the butter and sweeteners until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and salt and beat until incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the almond flour until well mixed.
- Fold in ½ cup of the chocolate chips, then place the dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. While the dough is chilling, line a tray or plate(s) that will fit in your refrigerator or freezer with parchment paper.
- Roll the chilled cookie dough into 18 equal-sized balls, about 2 inches in diameter, and place on the lined tray. Place the tray in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. The colder the dough balls are, the easier they are to work with.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the coconut oil and remaining ½ cup of chocolate chips in 30-second increments, stirring after each round of heating, until smooth.
- Using a fork, dip the chilled cookie dough balls in the melted chocolate mixture, then put back on the lined tray. Place the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened. Store the balls in the refrigerator until ready to serve; they’ll keep for up to 3 weeks.
I’ve gotten a lot of requests for this recipe, I hope you enjoy! For more dessert bite ideas, check out these Peanut Butter Bites that taste like peanut butter cups and these yummy Pumpkin Pie Bites.
AnneMay 18, 2020 at 5:54 pm
OMG – I’m in cookies dough love. They were so good my kids even ate them and like them! Thank you Suzanne!
Ann Marie JohnsonMay 27, 2020 at 8:41 am
Absolutely the BEST!
Connie MasonMay 29, 2020 at 11:38 am
These are delicious! So easy to make and so good!
AmandaJune 3, 2020 at 3:06 pm
So so good!! Easy to throw together and have such a great real cookie dough texture.
Jessica De Los ReyesJuly 19, 2020 at 5:43 pm
Hello! When it says 2 servings, that means 2 balls per serving, correct?
Suzanne RyanJuly 20, 2020 at 11:57 am
Hi there! Yes, that is correct. This recipe will make 9 servings and 1 serving is 2 Cookie Dough Bites. Enjoy!
Jb ketoAugust 4, 2020 at 10:14 pm
These are amazing! They never last more than a week because we eat them up.