Happy Fall (ahhh…my favorite season is here!)
I’m excited to share this delicious pumpkin scone recipe made with my favorite keto-friendly sweetener, Whole Earth! These scones are quick and easy to make, and thanks to Whole Earth, they are sweet and delicious with no added sugar. I love to pair these scones with a hot cup of coffee, and they are perfect to make in advance for a busy week ahead.
If you plan to make the scones in advance, be sure to add the cream cheese frosting just before serving. You can store the icing in a zip-top bag in your fridge, so it’s ready when you are!
In this recipe, I used two of my favorites from Whole Earth, their Allulose Baking Blend (granular) and their Erythritol Blend (powdered). The Allulose Baking Blend measures cup for cup like sugar yet has zero net carbs and a low glycemic index (meaning it won’t spike your blood sugar!) This blend tastes delicious and truly allows you to make and bake so many delicious treats while staying keto! I love that Whole Earth Sweeteners allow people to recreate their favorite foods while staying on track with their health and wellness goals.
Allulose Baking Blend Ingredients:
Allulose, Erythritol, Xanthan Gum, Stevia Leaf Extract, Monk Fruit Extract.
• Zero calories & sugar
• Bakes & browns like sugar
• Measures like sugar
• Sugar-like texture
• Keto friendly
• Zero net carbs
• Low glycemic index
Check out this video to see how easy this recipe is to make!
Things you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Blanched Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Whole Earth Allulose Baking Blend
- Baking Powder
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
- Kosher Salt
- Pumpkin Puree
- Cream Cheese
- Unsalted Butter
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Sheet
- Zip Top Bag
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add all dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk together to blend
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well until a dough is formed
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, shape the dough into an 8" round diameter and slice it into 6 equal pieces. A 6" round will give you a cake-like texture and an 8" round will give you a flakier texture.
- Bake at 325 for 20-25 mins
- Prepare cream cheese frosting by mixing all frosting ingredients into a small bowl and mixing well.
- Add the cream cheese frosting into a zip-top bag and cut a small section of the corner to prepare to use as a piping bag.
- Remove scones from the oven when they are finished baking. Allow scones to cool on a baking rack for 10 mins, they will continue to firm as they cool. Pipe the frosting over the scones and enjoy! If you are going to save some scones for later, hold off on topping them with the cream cheese frosting until right before eating. Enjoy!