This months Keto Krate featured low carb Paleo Wraps, which are great for breakfast burritos, sandwich wraps and so much more. They’re delicious and versatile. They also gave me the inspiration to use these wraps to recreate a low carb version of one of my favorite appetizers, avocado spring rolls!
This recipe for keto friendly low carb avocado spring rolls is super quick to cook, easy to prepare, and delicious! The Paleo Wraps are 100% organic, paleo, raw, vegan, gluten-free and non-GMO. All of the ingredients used to make the spring rolls are fresh and healthy veggies. You can dip it in a keto friendly ranch dressing, or a cilantro dipping sauce. Either would be delicious! Another dipping idea would be to make the simple marinade I make for my Grilled Chicken and Bacon Ranch Kabobs. It’s creamy and flavorful and gives simple ranch dressing a little more zing.
How to Make Low Carb Avocado Spring Rolls
These spring rolls couldn’t be simpler to make. Start by gently tossing the sliced avocado, tomato, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Next, lay out one Paleo Wrap and place 1/3-1/2 of avocado mixture in the center of each wrap. Fold the paleo wrap inwards about 1/2″ on two parallel sides, then roll until mixture is completely covered. Repeat for the remaining wraps and mixture.
Add the spring rolls to the frying pan and fry until evenly golden brown and crispy, about 30 seconds on each side. These do cook really fast, so you’ll want to keep a close eye on the temperature and don’t walk away while they’re cooking! Transfer them to a plate. Let them cool for a minute or two before serving. Now it’s time to eat. Yum!
- In a small bowl add sliced avocado, tomato, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper, and gently toss to combine.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- On a flat surface, lay out one Paleo Wrap and place 1/3-1/2 of avocado mixture in the center of each wrap.
- Fold the paleo wrap inwards 1/2" on two parallell sides, then roll until mixture is completely covered.
- Repeat with remaining wraps and avocado mixture. Makes 2-3 total.
- Add spring rolls to frying pan and fry until evenly golden brown and crispy, about 30 seconds on each side. (These do cook fast, so keep a close eye on the temperature)
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute and then serve alone or with a ranch or cilantro dipping sauce.
I hope you all enjoy these low carb avocado spring rolls as much as I did! You can serve these as an appetizer, a quick snack, or even as a light meal. I have many more appetizer recipes for you to check out – most of which can be made in 30 minutes or less!