Desserts and sweets are something I always look forward to enjoying! A common misconception many people have about living a keto lifestyle is that they have to give up sweets and treats. This couldn’t be farther from the truth! The key to eating desserts is to do so in moderation. This recipe for Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies makes 12 large cookies. Olivia and I have been baking a lot lately, and these cookies are so fun and easy to make with your kids!
You’ll notice that this recipe calls for Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener Golden instead of Swerve, which we use in many recipes. Sometimes, in certain cases, Swerve or erythritol can have a “cooling effect”. This means when it dissolves in a liquid, it can have a cool minty aftertaste. That is why I found that monkfruit sweetener worked better for these cookies. It’s wonderful for baking because it tastes just like sugar, but contains zero net carbs and zero calories. It’s perfect for these chocolate chip cookies and other sweet, sugar-free treats.
These cookies will be ready in just over 20 minutes and you’ll only need 7 ingredients! Start by preheating oven to 325 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
Whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together the butter and Lakanto Golden on high speed until combined.
Now beat in the vanilla and egg, until light and creamy. Next, turn the speed down and slowly add in the almond flour mixture until just blended. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Scoop out 12 mounds of dough, and space them evenly onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating the pan in the oven half-way through. This will help ensure the cookies cook evenly. You’ll know they’re done when they are browned on the edges. They may look a little soft in the middle, but they will set as they cool. They’re set crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Although it may be tempting to eat them warm right out of the oven, the texture is actually better as they cool. Enjoy with a nice glass of almond milk.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Whisk together the almond flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together the butter and Lakanto Golden on high speed until combined.
- Beat in the vanilla and egg, until light and creamy. Turn speed down and add in the almond flour mixture until just blended. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 12 mounds of dough, about 2 tbsp each, and space them evenly onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating the pan in the oven half-way through, until cookies are browned on the edges. They may look a little soft in the middle, but they will set as they cool.
- Cool completely before serving. Once cooled, keep in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
If you’re looking for other dessert recipes as delicious as these keto chocolate chip cookies, I’ve got several! These Cookie Dough Bites are always crowd pleasers, as are these Peanut Butter Cookies. If you’re craving a cold treat, don’t miss these Iced Coffee Popsicles. Yummy!