This Spinach Artichoke Frittata is a perfect make ahead recipe to have on hand as a grab and go breakfast, cut into bite size pieces for a healthy appetizer, or paired with a salad as a light dinner. I love the flavor and texture of the artichoke hearts, and the spinach is a great way to get in some of your greens for the day.
Spinach Artichoke Frittata
- 2 6 oz jars marinated artichoke hearts drained (reserve liquid) and chopped
- 1 medium onion about 1 cup chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese grated
- 2 c cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce optional
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Drain marinade from 1 jar of artichokes into a frying pan. Drain remaining artichokes, discard liquid, and chop all artichoke hearts into small pieces.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add chopped artichokes, onion and garlic. Cook until onion is soft, for about 5 minutes.
- While aritchokes are sauteeing, whisk eggs in a bowl. Stir in oregano, parsley, chopped spinach, parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper and hot sauce (if desired). Add in artichoke mixture and combine until incorporated.
- Pour everything into a greased 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake frittata for 45 minutes, until set and golden brown.
- Let cool, and enjoy warm or at room temperature