This flavorful Spinach Artichoke Frittata is a perfect make ahead recipe to have on hand as a grab and go breakfast, cut into bite size pieces for a healthy appetizer, or paired with a salad as a light lunch or dinner. I love the flavor and texture of the artichoke hearts, and the spinach is a great way to get in some of your greens for the day.
While cook time for this frittata is 45 minutes, it will only take you 10 minutes to get it in the oven. Preheat the oven and grease an 8×8 baking dish. Next, drain marinade from 1 jar of artichokes into a frying pan. Drain remaining artichokes and discard the liquid. Chop all of the artichoke hearts into small pieces.
Now in a frying pan over medium heat, add the chopped artichokes, onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is soft, for about 5 minutes. While artichokes are sauteeing, whisk eggs in a bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Add in the artichoke mixture and combine until incorporated.
Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake it for 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown. You can enjoy this spinach artichoke frittata warm or at room temperature. If you’re meal prepping, when you’re ready to eat the frittata, pop it in the microwave for a minute or two to reheat it.
Spinach Artichoke Frittata
- 2 6 oz jars marinated artichoke hearts drained (reserve liquid) and chopped
- 1 medium onion about 1 cup chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese grated
- 2 c cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce optional
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Drain marinade from 1 jar of artichokes into a frying pan. Drain remaining artichokes, discard liquid, and chop all artichoke hearts into small pieces.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add chopped artichokes, onion and garlic. Cook until onion is soft, for about 5 minutes.
- While artichokes are sauteeing, whisk eggs in a bowl. Stir in oregano, parsley, chopped spinach, parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper and hot sauce (if desired). Add in artichoke mixture and combine until incorporated.
- Pour everything into a greased 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake frittata for 45 minutes, until set and golden brown.
- Let cool, and enjoy warm or at room temperature
Find more yummy breakfast recipes here. If you are looking for egg recipes, this Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Bake is another versatile recipe. And this copycat recipe for Starbucks’ Bacon Gruyere Egg Bites is one of my favorites!