Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Bake
This simple and delicious breakfast dish is warm, filling, and ready in less than an hour!
Sausage, Egg, And Cheese Breakfast BakePrint Pin Rate
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 8 large eggs
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 garlic clove pressed or sub for garlic powder (1/4 tsp)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat an 8-inch deep-dish pie dish or baking dish with coconut oil or nonstick cooking spray.Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the sausage and cook until evenly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the sausage and onion mixture evenly on the bottom of the prepared dish and top with the cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until the eggs are set and the top is lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 3 to 5 minutes before serving. Leftovers can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
CALORIES: 394 | FAT: 33 g | PROTEIN: 21.8 g | TOTAL CARBS: 2.6 g | NET CARBS: 2.6 g