1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
8 large eggs
⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
1 clove garlic, pressed (or garlic powder to taste)
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat an 8-inch deep-dish pie
dish or baking dish with coconut oil or nonstick cooking spray.
Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the
onions and sauté until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Add the sausage and cook until evenly browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
Drain and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, garlic, salt, and pepper.
4. Spread the sausage and onion mixture evenly on the bottom of the prepared dish
and top with the cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese.
5. Bake for 35 minutes, until the eggs are set and the top is lightly
6. Allow to cool for 3 to 5 minutes before serving. Leftovers can be
covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.