The Big Game is coming this Sunday, and whether you’re rooting for the Bucs, Chiefs, or just watching for the commercials (like me), you’re going to love these delicious keto snacks. Each of these recipes are easy and flavorful, and I hope you enjoy my list of the top 5 best keto snacks for the big game!
The Big Game is on, let’s make some appetizers!
Sharing my all time favorite quick and easy keto recipes for your Super Bowl Sunday! Feel free to mix and match for a variety of options — there is truly something for everyone!
- Keto sausage balls
- Easy jalapeño poppers
- Coconut shrimp
- Spinach artichoke dip
- Avocado lime deviled eggs
- Amazing Keto Chili (Bonus recipe!)
Keto Sausage Balls
These little balls of goodness are my go-to appetizer recipe when I want something savory but not too filling. You can make these sausage balls in about 30 minutes and they require a few simple ingredients that you may already have on hand. These sausage balls are full of healthy fats and are a good source of protein.
Get started by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl; I find using my hands to be the best way to mix. Roll the sausage mixture into 2 inch sized balls and repeat until all of the mixture is rolled out. Please place them in the preheated oven for about 16 minutes, and you’re done!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Mix all ingredients together into a large bowl until well incorporated. I find that using my hands is the best way to mix.
- Roll approximately 2 tbsp of the mixture into equal 2 inch sized balls. This will make 30 sausage balls.
- Bake for 16 minutes and then move to the top rack and broil on high for 2-4 minutes until the tops get browned.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Avocado Lime Deviled Eggs
I love deviled eggs and avocado, so this is a match made in heaven. This deviled eggs recipe is a delicious spin on a classic appetizer. Start by boiling the eggs and cut each egg lengthwise. Next, carefully remove the yolk from each egg and crumble them into a separate mixing bowl.
Add in your avocado, mayo, and other ingredients and mix everything until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and even add a little hot sauce if you want a little kick. Using a spoon fill each hollowed out egg white with the avocado mixture. You can also put the yolk mixture into a zip-top bag and cut one corner to pipe the mixture into each egg.
Feel free to garnish with fresh cilantro and be sure to grab one before they are all gone!
- Cut each hard boiled egg in half, lengthwise.
- Carefully take out the egg yolk from each egg and crumble them into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add in avocado, mayo, lime juice, garlic powder, and cumin. Mix everything together until smooth so there are no lumps of egg yolk. Taste and season with salt, pepper, and your favorite hot sauce to taste.
- Using a spoon or piping bag, fill each hollowed out egg white generously with the avocado mixture. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Easy Jalapeño Poppers
These are the spicy MVP of any super bowl party (or any party, in fact), and this year shouldn’t be any different. You can scale up or down the heat by removing or leaving the seeds, as the seeds pack a lot of the heat!
In a skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon until it’s crispy. Set it aside on a paper towel-lined plate to cool and then chop into bacon bits.
Slice the jalapeños lengthwise and remove the seeds and membranes. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix all of the remaining ingredients and spoon the cheese mixture into each jalapeño half.
Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly crisp on the top. Feel free to eat as is, or pair with your favorite ranch dipping sauce!
- In a skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon until crispy. Set aside on a paper towel–lined plate to cool. When cool enough to handle, chop the bacon into bits.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise (Optional: If you would like to remove the stems, first cut the stem end off the jalapeños before slicing in half). Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and membranes. (If you prefer spicy food, feel free to incorporate the jalapeño seeds and membranes into the cheese sauce instead of discarding them.)
- In a medium-sized bowl, use a fork to combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, and bacon bits. Spoon some of the mixture into each jalapeño half and set the peppers cheese side up on the lined baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and slightly crisp on top.
Sweet shredded coconut comes together with delicate shrimp to make a hard-to-resist combo that tackles your taste buds. This keto friendly coconut shrimp recipe allows you to ditch the deep-fried original version using an air fryer or baking it in the oven. You’ll still get the same crispy, crunchy shrimp you’re used to, but you’ll also be getting rid of lots of calories and carbs.
You’ll need 3 shallow bowls to get started. In one bowl, combine the coconut flour, salt, and pepper. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until bubbles form. Put the coconut flakes in the last bowl.
Working with one shrimp at a time, dredge the shrimp in coconut flour mixture, dip in egg whites, and then coat with coconut. Make sure to gently press the coconut onto the shrimp to get as much to stick as possible.
Spray the air fryer with coconut oil spray. Set air fryer to 380 degrees, and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Air Fryer (optional)
Sweet and Spicy Sauce
- In a shallow bowl, combine coconut flour, salt and pepper.
- In a second shallow bowl, add the egg whites and whisk together until bubbles form.
- In a third shallow bowl, add the coconut.
- Working with one shrimp at a time, dredge shrimp in coconut flour mixture, then dip in egg whites, and then coat with coconut. You will want to press the coconut onto the shrimp to get as much to stick as possible.
- Spray air fryer with coconut oil cooking spray. Add shrimp to air fryer basket and then spray each shrimp generously with more coconut oil.
- Set air fryer to 380 degrees, and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- While shrimp are cooking, prepare sauce by combining all of the Sweet and Spicy Sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix together. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
Spinach Artichoke Dip
What Super Bowl celebration would be complete without a spinach artichoke dip? This recipe from my second book, Beyond Simply Keto.
You can serve this Keto Spinach Artichoke Dip straight from the slow cooker to keep it warm. Or, if you prefer, you can transfer it to a serving platter with keto cheddar crackers, celery sticks, cucumber slices, mushrooms, or pork rinds. This dip is so good it will have you going off-sides to get another dip of it!
- 6-quart slow cooker
- Place all the ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Serve directly from the slow cooker, or transfer to a serving dish.
Now we’re in overtime, and the big play is our amazing Keto chili recipe. I know this list is all about the 5 best keto snack for the big game, but sometimes you just need one more! This is a hearty and award-winning keto chili that you can make for the whole family.
Every year we make a double batch, and we love to add toppings like cheese, sour cream, sliced pickled jalapeños or chopped green onion. If you’re short on time, there is also instructions for making this chili in your Instant Pot — which is ready in only 40 minutes!
- In a large pot, brown the ground beef and sausage using a wooden spoon to break up the clumps. Drain the meat, reserving half of the drippings.
- Transfer the drained meat into a slow cooker. Add the reserved drippings, bell pepper, onion, garlic, tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin and water and mix well.
- Place the lid on the crockpot, set on low, and cook for 6-8 hours, or high for 5 hours, until veggies are soft.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese, green onions, sour cream, and/or sliced jalapenos.
Thank you for stopping by and checking out the 5 best keto snack for the big game. We hope that your team is victorious and that you and your family are safe and healthy. Have a great day!